Friday, April 8, 2011

64.






We made it to Houston! It's been nearly two weeks and I finally feel like we're adjusting. It's been pretty rough. For me, Evie and BigBoy(you don't wanna know)! But we're at a good place now.

 Evie is so happy and finally on a good schedule. She has lots of friends out here and is having so much fun. She has gotten so independent and seems so mature. She's hilarious. Every thing she does is noteworthy to me. She keeps me entertained all day and I often look at her and think, "You just couldn't get any cuter." Like today, when we were taking these pictures and she picked a flower and put the petals in the trunk of her trike. Or how she found some toy animals that we brought along, that she has never played with before and every day she drags out the trash can(with a lid) and sets them on top, like it's a stage. She is really loving those things right now. She knows all the sounds they make. She's my little buddy and I adore her. She has her naughty moments though. (Just ask Jaycee.) 

Boyd has been doing awesome. He's selling his heart out. We're very impressed with his hard work. (Always are...)

The apartment has it's pros and cons. I've been trying to make it as homey as possible since this is the only home we have now. It feels weird. Not quite like my home. But I'll post some pictures of the place soon.

We miss our friends and family but are so happy to have the ones we have here. (Including Mandi and her family this year!)

The next 5 months are going to be an adventure! And we're going to make the most of it. 

15 comments:

Marianne said...

You are so brave and full of faith! Those were my first thoughts upon reading your post. From someone who has moved many times, I feel your stress and admire your strength. Make lemonade out of lemons! It's much easier than being blue.

Evie is so grown-up and darling! Loving her hair-do!

David and Shalynna said...

I didn't know you were going there for 5 months! How exciting, but I am sure it is hard. You're a tough girl and you'll do great. You always make the most out of every situation, so I have no doubt that you'll have the best summer together as a little family.

When did Evie become a big girl? Riding a trike? Doesn't it seem like we were just posting photos from the hospital after we had these little babies? I love her. We owe her a love note soon.

P.S. Sorry my dad never got around to getting the headboard piece. If I remember correctly, the days that he was finally going to have free were the days you were at Disney Land. We'll plan another pick-up for it in September or whenever you'll be back. :)

tHe ApPeLs said...

she is lookin cute as ever!! have a blast!!

Diana Smith said...

Look at that cute girl!! I love her hair! Its so adorable on her!

Cyn said...

We miss you at Easter Pageant, but wish you the best in your adventure!

shaunna said...

thinking of you!! are you in the same apt? wish I could see you pretty girls. Jason leaves for Atlanta in just two weeks. another adjustment for us too. miss you xo

The Tyler's said...

I'm in love with that little girl!!

Good luck with everything! The first month is always the hardest. You will finally be adjusted and then it will be time to move. That's how I kind of feel. Dec. will come very fast for us!!

~M~ said...

Evie looks like a little lady! She is getting so big!

(I made my blog private so if you want to keep reading just shoot me an e-mail!)

onehm said...

She's darling! And I'm glad that you are doing so well. :)

Whitney said...

Evie stop being so cute!!

MICHELLE said...

Moves are always something to adjust to, but with a little one...I can't imagine! Keep up the wonderful positive thinking. :)

###### said...

she is a doll...there is nothing like motherhood. i hve a son and a daughter...good ole sweet love.

Damaris @Kitchen Corners said...

I'm a lurker, I hope you don't mind. I just stumbled upon your blog via Anglea Hardison's blog and I had to say hi. Your little girl is adorable. Good luck with all the adjustments. Moving is SO hard.

Gaby said...

These photos are really gorgeous! Good luck settling into your new place.

Alexa Mae said...

What the!! I love this post. So sad I missed it. I love Evie and her cute little outfit. I'm so glad you've adjusted. Now, do another post and hopefully I won't see it a week late...