Tuesday, February 8, 2011

56.

{Four days in California. What a trip!}



Saturday. Day one at Disney Land/California Adventure. Just the Worthens and Joneses.
In line for Toy Story. 
This girl loves to wear glasses.

Bugs Life...it may have been a little scary for the youngens.

Love her pose...and the shadows.

Cutest little stinker.

He sure loves his best cousin. These two are only three days apart.

Daddy lovin' on his girl.

Can you tell who it is??

Take a closer look.

That's right...Travis Barker. Drummer from Blink182. I spotted him like that! Boyd didn't think it was him.
My smile says it all.
Too bad I look terrible, otherwise I'd brag a little more. SUPER nice guy, by the way. He was there with Shanna and their two girls. Shanna was incognito. 

Big girl on the tea cups.

Love this pic of Boyd. A daddy in love.
Duffy Bear. First encounter with a character. Evie loved him.

End of Day 1 at DL.

 On Sunday, we went down to Newport and Balboa.
The seagulls were OUT OF CONTROL.

Can't go to Newport without stopping at Seaside Donut.

The kids had a blast running around but man was it cold!

We love the beach...even in the winter.

This picture doesn't do justice. We were face to face with a HUGE pack of angry seagulls. Maybe they wanted Evie's donut hole? Boyd was legitimately scared. Here he is swatting them away...Good luck with that!


Monday. Day two at Disney Land/California Adventure. The rest of the family joins us.

Pilot Goofy ruined it for Evie. She was scared of every character from here on out.

Where's Jesse's neck?

Love her!

Can't have enough shoulder rides.

And here is where my baby is replaced by a big girl. Since when did she get big enough to sit by herself?!

Evie girl loves her Auntie Lex.

She loves her Auntie Mandi too!

Minnie beanie from last year still fits!

She discovered she could push a stroller.

End of Day 2 at DL.


 Tuesday. Last day at Disney Land/California Adventure.
Mini Minnie.

Dumbo ride. One of her favorites.

Gosh, she's cute.

First meeting with Minnie. Talked her into giving her kisses.

"What were you thinking, mom?"

Easton Boy gettin goofy with Goofy.

Evie remembered Goofy from the day before. She didn't want to get near him. She screamed so loud in protest, Goofy had to cover his ears.

No, she's not waving at Pluto.

Not here either...She's swatting him away. Apparently she gets feisty when she's scared. What a tough girl.

At Minnie's house.

She loved it. Everything was just her size.

Don't let my grin fool you.

I was terrified! Death grip on the baby. Death grip on the screen.

I used to be a thrill seeker. It took a lot for a ride to scare me. Magic Mountain was a favorite...Not after I had Evie. I can't ride like I used to. Motherhood changed everything.


Top row: Presley, Mandi, Mickey, Baron, Lindsay.
Bottom row: Evie, Me, Avrey, Livvy, Rocco.

End of Day 3 at DL.


Sadly, I don't have a pic of the whole crew. But we had a blast. My baby sister Lexi is leaving for China in two days to teach English for 5 months. Disney Land was the perfect way to have some family time before she left. It was also a fun celebration for mine and Boyd's five year anniversary. That place is so magical when you have kids! I'm ready to go again.

8 comments:

Spencer and Amy said...

How fun!! I love your pics! Evie's minnie ears are a scream :) She is adorable!

Gail said...

I can't believe how much I love D-Land! It's so fun to see you enjoying it though your own little girl. Seeing all of you with the next generation is mind blowing to me how time flies! I'm glad you could all be together, especially before Lex leaves. Awesome pic's and people!!. Makes me want to go again:).

Diana Smith said...

Such amazing photos! I almost felt like I was there, ALMOST! I bet that was sooo fun! I want to go so bad!!

David and Shalynna said...

So fun! I almost felt like I was there. :) Evie sure looks cute in all her Minnie attire. Isn't Minnie the most darling character? I love how feminine she is and I love her high heels and bloomers sticking out.

Evie's little red blazer is the cutest thing on this planet. Where is it from? Don't say a thrift store...

This post makes me mad that I never put together the photos from Oliver's first trip to Disney. You've inspired me. Maybe I'll still post them even though it's been almost seven months!

The Tyler's said...

Oh my, this is such a fun post!

I have always had a crush on Trav!!
Love seeing Evie in those shirts you made.
Love the green army man!
Miss Balboa...can we all go again someday???
Love your cute family.

angela hardison said...

how fun! it really seems like everything is more magical with a kid. evie is adorable - love her little minnie shirts.

Libby said...

I seriously need those tights AND those last black minnie shirts for my down the road better have a daugther! I am in love with Minnie mouse and the shirts and the tights are adorable! and I seriously send at least 1 pic of Evie to my boyfriend each time you post, she is the sweetest and cutest ever looking little girl!

Janae said...

Oh my!!! I couldn't help but lol with the pictures of Evie swatting away Pluto. I swear, kids are great!